Nuclear Medicine Department – Establishment and History
The Nuclear Medicine Department in the Faculty Hospital in Nitra commenced its operation in 1986 with the RIA Laboratory, followed by simple examinations on available devices.
In October 1, 2004 the department became independent from the Faculty Hospital and started operating as IZOTOPCENTRUM, s.r.o. – Nuclear Medicine Centrum. We provide services for around 1 million inhabitants, i.e. the entire Nitra Self-Governing Region and adjacent counties. Some examination methods are only carried out by us in Slovakia, while in others we belong among the 3 or 4 departments able to perform them. The range of examinations is wide and essentially includes all the available examinations in the field, namely oncology diagnostics, cardiology, pneumology, nephrology and special treatment methods. Nevertheless, our participation in navigated surgeries is also quite essential as well.
In order to follow trends in the field it was necessary to upgrade equipment that was already morally obsolete and firstly expand the department’s scope with new examination trends with the use of positron emission tomography (PET/CT), which allows significant improvement and increased accuracy of early diagnostics as well as the monitoring of treatment success, in particular with oncological diseases. The first innovation was performed in 2006, when we started to work with the then new Siemens devices: the Biograph Duo PET/CT scanner and E. Cam SPECT scanner. The new innovation was carried out along with the move to the premises on Rázusova Street in 2014, where the “original” equipment was complemented with the latest generation of devices, again by Siemens: the PET/CT Biograph 40 and SPECT/CT Symbia Intevo.
In 2016 we replaced the PET/CT Biograph Duo with an entirely new PET/CT Biograph Horizon device from Siemens. At the time of installation it was the fifth such device in the world..
We have a well-established and maintained quality management system in compliance with the model and requirements of the ISO 9001:2008 international standard.
Current personnel of IZOTOPCENTRUM, s.r.o. Nitra::
- MUDr. Vladimír VondrákDirector
- MUDr. Jozef Kubinyi, Ph.D., FEBNMPrincipal
- MUDr. Andrej VondrákHead Physician
- MUDr. Ivana HolincováRadiologist
- MUDr. Ladislav FajtlRadiologist
- MUDr. Vladimír PročkaPhysician
- MUDr. Tomáš PintérPhysician
- Dr. Cristina PaschettaPhysician
- Mgr. Peter NemčekPhysicist
- Bc. Janka ŽabkováSenior Laboratory Technician
- PhMr. Zuzana KellnerováPharmacist
- Mgr. Katarína ŠlosiarováPharmacist
- Mgr. Martina SýkorováPharmaceutical Laboratory Technician
- Stanislava BakováCertified nurse
- Oľga Repárová
- Bc. Janka VrábelováRadiology Assistant
- Bc. Božena BalogováRadiology Assistant
- Bc. Patrik KopčanRadiology Assistant
- Michaela Lacinová
- Ing. Zuzana Baránková
- Gabriela Fabulcová
- Iveta GregorováHospital Attendant
- Katarína BahelkováHospital Attendant
- Ernest PernickýBuilding Administrator